<$BlogRSDURL$>

Come discuss the 2008 Beijing Summer games with a couple of fanatics!

Sunday, February 01, 2004


from the official United States Olympic Committee site: Chris Witty to take a break from cycling to focus on speedskating. Chris says:
“My heart is simply not in the sport of cycling at the moment and to make the kind of commitment and sacrifice it takes to be a successful athlete in an Olympic year, you have to love what you’re doing. I appreciate the support and opportunity to ride for the U.S. National Team and Team T-Mobile, but I’ve decided to turn my attention to my true passion.”
She is one of a handful of athletes to compete in both the winter and summer games. I would have loved to see her compete and take a cycling medal. However, one must respect her being honest with herself and her team.

For me, her bouncing back from mono to win the gold in the 1000m longtrack sppedskating event in the 2002 winter games was the highlight - especially after listening to the announcers pretty much say she didn't stand a chance. She is a favorite athlete of mine. I have an autographed photo of her in my office. She has a great easy-going attitude, and a seemingly effortless style - but beyond that is a great competitor. I wish her all the best.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com