<$BlogRSDURL$>

Come discuss the 2008 Beijing Summer games with a couple of fanatics!

Tuesday, February 03, 2004


jenny thompson kicks butt in nyc

from the article:
For the first time in her career--to her recollection--Jenny Thompson was ushered out of a swim meet with the crowd chanting her name.

Thompson certainly gave them something to cheer about.

Swimming in her adopted hometown, the three-time Olympian had another stellar night of swims, taking her New York World Cup stop tally to four-for-four. Thompson book-ended the night with wins in the first event, and the last. After winning the 100m free (overtaking Finland's Hanna-Maria Seppala to win in 53.63), Thompson led a 1-2-3 sweep of the 50m fly to end the night (26.04).

The swim could be Thompson's last major meet in New York, as the most decorated female Olympian in American history is set to retire following the 2004 World Championships in October.

"I'm more lighthearted with my swimming now," said Thompson. "I know my future is in medicine and I'm just enjoying my last hurrah."



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com