<$BlogRSDURL$>

Come discuss the 2008 Beijing Summer games with a couple of fanatics!

Sunday, August 15, 2004


Dejected Yao Wants to Quit

After a sound loss to the Spanish basketball team, NBA star Yao Ming commented that he would like to cut his international basketball career with the Chinese team short. After the 83-59 loss, Yao said, "I feel so disappointed. I lost all my hopes for this team. We changed our skin, but we are the same. Just like the world championships in Indianapolis two years ago." The Chinese team came in 12th during the world basketball championships in Indianapolis in 2002. "I didn't play well either. I am thinking about retiring from the national team. Not now, but soon I will. In Indianapolis I was the youngest player, now I am an elder, but still there is no hope for us."

My question is, does Yao have the option to quit his national team? China doesn't exactly let their citizens just do whatever they want or necessarily even let them move out of the country. I thought when he joined the NBA, the deal was he could play here if he remained on his national team. Anyone know anything about that?



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com