<$BlogRSDURL$>

Come discuss the 2008 Beijing Summer games with a couple of fanatics!

Wednesday, August 25, 2004


Modern Pentathlon

So, I was curious about the modern pentathlon, as I don't really remember it from 4 years ago. Here is what it includes: shooting, fencing, swimming, equestrian, and a footrace! Oh, and did I mention that it takes place all in one day? How crazy is that?

What really gets me is the equestrian part is a show jumping course on which the competitors ride horses they have never ridden before. The horses are allotted by a lottery. I dunno about you but I've tried show jumping...little tiny baby jumps...and I was never more uncomfortable and scared for my life...well except when I drove in the LA area...anyway, the point is, if I didn't feel like I could trust the horse or that I knew how to ride a particular horse, I wasn't doing it. End of story.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com